Make an Engagement Ring (4 Claw Setting)
Learn to make a four claw setting engagement ring in this intermediate stone setting course
Learn how to create an engagement ring to commission with a 4 claw setting
Working on engagement rings or commissions is a great way to grow your business and increase your profits. In this comprehensive online course learn how to create your own 4-claw setting
Taught by expert jeweller, Hayley Kruger, in this courses you will learn to:
- Measure the stone and create a bespoke setting
- Construct the claw from wire, sheet metal or tube
- Solder all the elements in place
- Create the ring shank and measure to fit
- Refine the setting and set the stone
- Polish and finish the work to a professional standard
- As well as how to work with clients and manage the commission relationship
All of these techniques take time and practice and in this in-depth video course we have 7 lessons to guide you through the process which you can re-watch as many times as you like to perfect the skills and master the techniques.
If you love working in metal and would like to add a new skill to your stone setting then this is the perfect next step to take.
What Will You Get?
- Lifetime access to comprehensive video lessons, guiding you through all the techniques, tips and tricks to perfecting your stone setting
- Advice and guidance from an experienced jeweller on how to manage commissions and working with clients
- Downloadable course notes to work alongside the videos
- Access to our supportive community of jewellers and tutors to help you at every stage of the process
- Access to the videos 24/7 - you can stop, pause, rewind and replay as much as you like
- Excellent close-up shots to see what is happening in each step so you don't miss a thing
Hayley Kruger is a South African raised, UK based designer. After completing a degree in Silversmithing, Jewellery & Allied Crafts, Hayley went on to design costume jewellery for many of the UK's High Street's most recognizable names such as Marks & Spencer, River Island, Morgan, Next and Lola Rose.
She is skilled in a vast range of jewellery making skills from traditional benchwork through to using leather, suede and mixed media. The inspiration behind her work stems from the vibrancy of the regions she has lived in and the strong personalities who have influenced her life.
Having always loved making things, whether they be craft, accessories or jewellery, alongside running her business, she regularly teaches at the London Jewellery School to help pass on some of her knowledge and passion for jewellery to others.
StartCourse Notes: Make an Engagement Ring (4 Claw Setting)
StartLesson 1: Introduction, tools and materials (10:13)
StartLesson 2: Cutting the Tube (8:15)
StartLesson 3: Making the Ring Shank (18:19)
StartLesson 4: Constructing the Claw (28:37)
StartLesson 5: Setting the Stone (17:37)
StartLesson 6: Polishing and Finishing (8:44)
StartLesson 7: Working to Commission (6:04)
StartFeedback: How Was Your Course
This course is suitable for jewellers who have experience of working with sheet silver metal and are competent at soldering and basic stone setting.
We look forward to welcoming you on the course and seeing your new creations soon.
Just want this course? No problem!