Twisted Hoop Earrings - Free Mini Course
Learn how to make twisted wire hoop earrings in silver and gold in this FREE mini-course
Join us for this FREE Twisted Hoop Earrings mini-course to help you develop your skills in silver and gold jewellery making. Experienced tutor Barbara Yarde takes you through the process step by step to make these earrings.
And once you've mastered this design you can use these skills to make smaller and larger hoops, different shapes and designs.
Take a look below at some of the process for creating your hoop earring designs ...
What Techniques are covered?
- Using square wire to make your twisted hoops
- Soldering your hoops and shaping
- Sawing your hoops to make an open section
- Soldering on earring posts
- Polishing and finishing
Note: this project is designed for those with some experience of working with silver jewellery - sawing, filing and soldering
Tools & Materials Needed:
- Bench peg, Piercing saw, Vice, Steel block
- Pliers - Flat nosed pliers, Half-round pliers
- Files - Half Round/Flat file, Round needle file, Emery stick 240 grit
- Soldering station, Liquid flux, Torch, Pickle, Tweezers
- Ring Mandrel
- Rawhide mallet (or Nylon)
- Pendant motor, Cup burr, Pin vice
- Stationery - Ruler, Sharpie
- Wire wool (optional)
- Barrel polisher (optional)
- Steel burnisher (optional)
- 2mm square Sterling Silver wire approx 140mm long
- 0.8mm Sterling Silver wire (for earring posts)
- Easy solder and Hard solder
- Butterfly backs
To source your tools and materials, take a look at our list of worldwide jewellery suppliers https://www.jewellersacademy.com/jewellery-supplie...
This course includes:
- 2 Bite-sized video Lessons
- A complete set of downloadable course notes
- Tools and materials list
- Support in the Facebook group
Sign up below to get started making with us right away!
Join our community of jewellery makers and get excellent training and support for your learning. Sign up to a course today :-)