Silver Stacking Bangles - Free Mini Course
Learn how to make silver stacking bangles in this FREE mini-course
Join us for this FREE Stacking Silver Bangles mini-course to help you develop your skills in silver and gold jewellery making. Experienced tutor Barbara Yarde takes you through the process step by step to make these gorgeous bangles.
And once you've mastered this skill you can make different shapes and sizes of bangles.
Take a look below at some of the process for creating your stacking bangles ...
What Techniques are covered?
- Using silver wire to create your own bangles
- Hammering your wire to add texture
- Soldering and shaping
- Polishing and finishing ready to wear!
& lots of tips and tricks
Note: this project is perfect for beginners who want to get started with silver jewellery making. The same techniques can be used for making gold bangles.
Tools & Materials Needed:
- Soldering station - Jewellers torch and flux e.g. borax or liquid flux
- Piercing saw and saw blades
- Bench peg
- Bangle mandrel - wooden or metal (a tin can could be used)
- Hammer for texturing
- Steel Block
- Rawhide Mallet/Nylon Hammer
- Pen or scribe to mark the metal
- Half-round pliers
- Wire wool or your preferred method of polishing
- Optional - callipers
- 1.5mm silver square wire
- 2mm silver round wire (length of wire required will depend on the size of the bangle - 210mm recommended for an average size)
- Hard silver solder
To source your tools and materials, take a look at our list of worldwide jewellery suppliers https://www.jewellersacademy.com/jewellery-supplie...
This course includes:
- 2 Bite-sized video Lessons
- A complete set of downloadable course notes
- Tools and materials list
- Support in the Facebook group
Sign up below to get started making with us right away!
Join our community of jewellery makers and get excellent training and support for your learning. Sign up to a course today :-)