Hand Stamped Silver Jewellery
Learn to make personalised silver hand stamped jewellery in this 30 minute FREE tutorial with Jessica Rose
Make your own beautiful hand stamped jewellery in this fun FREE video tutorial complete with your own set of downloadable course notes.
Learn to make the metal blanks to work from, how to sand-down a lovely curved shape in sterling silver, how to prepare the metal before stamping and how to finish your piece with a lovely silver chain.
A great addition to your jewellery making tool box! Enroll today for instant access :-)
What can I Make?
A full selection of hand stamped pieces. Once you learn the basics there will be no stopping you.
Tools and Materials:
- Steel block (or can use steel top of the bench peg
- Metal letter stamps/ patterned stamps/ number stamps/ any stamps you like
- Masking tape
- Black felt-tip/ marker pen
- Hammer or mallet
- Scrap metal for practicing on (copper or brass squares are good)
- Scotch-Bite cleaning pad
- Steel block (or bench peg with steel bench top)
For creating your own silver shapes to stamp on (blanks):
- Silver sheet: 0.7mm thick, 6cm long and 0.8mm wide.
- Needle File or large hand file
- Buff Stick or emery paper
- Jewellers saw and blade (necessary if you are going to be cutting a shape out of your silver before stamping)
- Firing brick
- Pyrex or heatproof glass blow and water (for cooling down metal) not essential
For finishing the necklace:
- Punching tool
- Pinion hand drill or pin vise
- 1mm drill bit
- 18 inch silver chain,
- 2 silver jumprings (6mm),
- side cutting pliers, flat nosed pliers and chain nosed pliers
Hi I'm Jessica, a jewellery designer-maker and the Founder of Jewellers Academy and of the award-winning London Jewellery School, which is Europe's largest independent jewellery training company. The school is based in London's Hatton Garden and runs 100's of classes throughout the year for all people of all abilities.
I am extremely passionate about jewellery making and spend most of my time supporting jewellers to run their own sucessful jewellery businesses. I am here to help you in any way I can with your jewellery making and look forward to learning more about you and your creations.
I would love to connect with you on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jewellersacademy/
Join our community of jewellery makers and get excellent training and support for your learning. Sign up to a course today :-)