Granulation in Silver & Gold
Learn the beautiful art of granulation in silver and gold using the soldering in place technique
This course is currently only available as part of the Diploma in Silver Jewellery.
Learn how to create granulation in silver and gold
This fabulous course is taught by expert jeweller, Stelios Karantonas, in this course you will learn:
- The secret to preparing your pieces for granulation
- How to create different sizes of granules in both silver and gold
- Soldering your granules using the solder in place method
- Work with gold and silver and mixed metals to create your own unique one of a kind designs
- How to add to your piece with a tube setting for a faceted stone
- How to set a cabochon stone in a pendant with a granulation halo
- Projects covered in this course include making a ring and a pendant - all the skills you need to start a new collection!
Please note: this course covers the 'solder in place' method of granulation rather than the fusing method
What Will You Get?
- Ongoing access to comprehensive video lessons, guiding you through all the techniques, tips and tricks
- Downloadable course notes to work alongside the videos
- Full list of kit and materials you need to create these gorgeous designs
- Access to our supportive community of jewellers and tutors to help you at every stage of the process
- Access to the videos 24/7 - you can stop, pause, rewind and replay as much as you like
- Excellent close-up shots to see what is happening in each step so you don't miss a thing
Stelios Karantonas is a Greek designer who lives and creates in London. He found his niche in jewellery manufacturing and design, receiving two scholarships and working as a freelance designer/maker in Thessaloniki and Athens, Greece.
Stelios created his own brand in London in 2014. All his pieces are hand-made in his Hatton Gardens workshop, where he constantly grows as a designer, working on a variety of gemstones, 9, 18 and 22 Karat Gold and 925 Sterling Silver.
Stelios is a passionate teacher who is extremely giving in sharing his vast knowledge of silver and goldsmithing with budding students.
StartLesson 1: Pendant Project: Preparing for Granulation (5:09)
StartLesson 2: Pendant Project: Creating the Granules (7:21)
StartLesson 3: Pendant Project: Soldering the Bail and Heating the Granules (17:02)
StartLesson 4: Pendant Project: Setting the Stone & Finishing (17:28)
StartLesson 5: Ring Project: Granulation on a Ring (19:15)
StartLesson 6: Ring Project: Setting the Stone (9:51)
StartFeedback: How Was Your Course