Learn to make beautiful gemstone and wire jewellery in this beginners level course with Jessica Rose.
- Briolette wrapping
- Creating wire loops
- Creating shapes in wire to wrap your gemstones in
- Working with cast components
- incorporating chain into your designs
- Using mini-mandrels, pliers and beading tools
- And much more
We will be making a range of beautiful projects together - you can see some of these below:
No previous experience is needed to take this course however if you are brand new to jewellery making we recommend you also take the FREE online course 'Jewellery Making for Absolute Beginners'.
Hi I'm Jessica, a jewellery designer-maker and the Founder of Jewellers Academy and of the award-winning London Jewellery School.
I am extremely passionate about jewellery making and spend most of my time supporting jewellers to run their own successful jewellery businesses. I am here to help you in any way I can with your jewellery making and look forward to learning more about you and your creations.
I would love to connect with you on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jewellersacademy/
Start1. Introduction: Tools & Materials (3:54)
Start2. Basic Techniques: Briolette Wrapping (11:16)
Start3. Basic Techniques: Wire Wrapping Loops (7:10)
Start4. Gemstone Cluster Pendant (12:35)
Start5. Making Wire Components: Bracelet Project (24:20)
Start6. Wrapping Cast Elements: Pendant Project (24:15)
Start7. Designing and Making With Chain: Necklace Project (18:08)
StartNOTES: Gemstone and Wire Jewellery Course
TOOLS & MATERIALS:
You don't need many tools or materials for this course see the list of suggested items below and a full list breakdown in the course notes.
We have teamed up with Kernowcraft to put together a kit of materials for this course. You can see more details on purchasing the kit from them here >
- Pliers set: chain-nosed, round-nosed, flat-nosed and cutters.
- Bead Mat
Project 1: Briolette wrapping (technique based)
- 0.4mm wire (approx 15cm)
Project 2: Bar necklace (technique based)
- Small selection of beads (3-10)
- Chain necklace
- O.4mm wire (10cm)
Project 3: Bracelet with made component
- 0.4mm wire (1 metre)
- Crimps x 4
- Crimp covers x 4
- Beads for bracelet (enough to cover 3/4 of a bracelet length (can be mixed beads)
- Small piece of silver chain for safety catch (approx 4cm) big enough loops to attach clasp
- Lobster clasp
- Nylon thread 0.3mm
Project 4: Wire wrapped component necklace
- Shaped Component in gold or silver
- 0.4mm wire approx 1/2 meter
- Small beads (approx 20)
- Chain for necklace
- Jump rings x 2
Project 5: Chain necklace with gemstones
- Chain for necklace length
- Magnetic clasp (could be any clasp)
- 0.4mm wire (approx 40cm)
- Nylon thread 0.3mm
- Pearls x 14
- Rose quartz briolette (faceted)
- Crimps x 2
- Crimp covers x 2
Here are some beautiful pieces made using this course.