Working with gold is a great way to increase the value of your work, whist adding a stunning new design feature and plus... who doesn't love a bit of gold!
Join Jessica Rose is this FREE online course on how to add gold to your metal clay work. You won't regret it!
What will I learn?
Three exciting techniques to add gold to your metal clay:
- The ancient Korean technique of Keum-boo (it is massively satisfying!)
- How to use and work with the accent gold for silver paste
- Adding gold casting grain into your metal clay designs
We cover three creative projects:
1. Make a gold coin necklace
2. Make a silver and gold acorn (or any shape charm)
3. Make a silver and gold raindrop necklace
As usual we pack a lot in so you get lots of new techniques and ideas to try out in your work.
Who is this course for?
We recommend completing the beginners metal clay course with Julia Rai first if you are brand new to metal clay. And the stone setting course with Anna Campbell (torch fired techniques) goes really well with this one if you would like to combine stone setting and gold in your work - then the sky really is the limit!
Plus there is the advanced level stone setting in metal clay course with Julia Rai.
If you plan to take all or multiple courses then Jewellers Academy membership makes this super affordable with a monthly subscription of just £39.
Great news, you do not need a kiln for these projects as they are all torch fired.
We will be using a hotplate for Keum boo which you can get from any cooking or hardware store (they start from around £20).
Hi I'm Jessica, a jewellery designer-maker and the Founder of Jewellers Academy and of the award-winning London Jewellery School, which is Europe's largest independent jewellery training company. The school is based in London's Hatton Garden and runs 100's of classes throughout the year for all people of all abilities.
I am extremely passionate about jewellery making and spend most of my time supporting jewellers to run their own sucessful jewellery businesses. I am here to help you in any way I can with your jewellery making and look forward to learning more about you and your creations.
I would love to connect with you on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jewellersacademy/
What is included in the course?
- Lifetime access to the course content to come back to anytime you like - watch on your computer, phone or ipad anytime 24/7
- This course contains 4 bite-sized video module
- Comprehensive downloadable course notes (PDF)
- A full list of all tools and materials needed
- Support via email or through our community of jewellers in the Jewellers Academy Facebook Group
StartIntro: Welcome to the course: Start here :-) (1:16)
StartProject 1: How to Make a Gold Coin Necklace - Keum boo Technique (25:46)
StartProject 2: Make a Silver & Gold Acorn Necklace - Using Accent Gold for Silver Paste Technique (15:48)
StartProject 3: Make a Silver & Gold Teardrop Necklace - Embedding Gold Casting Grain Technique (11:48)
StartCourse Notes: Download Adding Gold to Metal Clay with Jessica Rose
StartFeedback: How Was the Course?
This is a free course so you can sign up and get started making straight away!
If you enjoy this course and would like more, did you know that if you join Jewellers Academy membership you get access to ALL of our online jewellery making AND specialist jewellery business courses? Member benefits include:
- All current online courses including the 8-week Jewellery Business Bootcamp PLUS all the courses planned for the year including intermediate silver jewellery, stone setting shaped cabochons, stone setting in wax and collet setting
- Monthly online masterclass
- Monthly live Q&A where you get your questions answered
- Exclusive Facebook community of like-minded jewellers
- Exclusive discounts including for the London Jewellery School, Cookson Gold and more
You can get all of this, INCLUDING this course, for £365 for annual membership or you can pay monthly, £39 per month
(For our US friends £39 is $50 US approx. £365 is $476 US approx. The exact cost in any currency other than GB pound depends on the exchange rate at the time of purchase. You will see the cost in your currency before you process the payment)
Just want this course? No problem! Click below to enroll on the course now and get instant access.